Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sass and Bide SS13





I discovered glorious Australian label Sass and Bide in my early twenties when they were the ONLY jeans to have.  My favourite high waisted denim shorts are from the brand and are still the perfect fit, the perfect colour and on trend after 5 years.

Their SS13 show featured really beautiful tailoring and a palette of black and white, with 2 looks featuring the pop of neon colour that often features in their pieces. I adore the splits featured in pants, skirts and gowns.  The embellishment is delicate in some pieces and really tough in other, especially the metal belts. 

Their collections often have this warrior feel.  The first Sass and Bide pieces I remember coveting were from 2005, a military collection featuring heavy embellishment and pops of neon.  (which you can view at NYMAG.COM 2005 Spring Runway Sassandbide

Far from being disappointed that the designers are true to their inspirations, I enjoy how it has influenced their collections over the years.  There are some things in fashion you will always love.  For me it is masculine tailoring, heavy metal accessories and tough glamour.  Which is why I will always love these Aussie gals.

All images via Vogue UK http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2013/ready-to-wear/sass-and-bide/

No comments:

Post a Comment