Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sustainable Living Festival 2012




This weekend we went to The Sustainable Living Festival. I didn't think I would get anything out of it since I don't have a home and my only assets are clothes and shoes, but it was really interesting to learn about the small things we can all do to make a difference. Apparently you can actually grow all your own vegetables on a balcony, so even us apartment dwellers have no excuse.

The festival had lots to see and do including a fashion show of pieces made from recycled materials, my favourite was the "Queen of Coke" can dress created by a local student Hannah Johnstone. I also loved the sustainable homewares from Smith+ Purton and the chairs and tables from Green Design made from books, speakers and vintage plates.

I did my party by wearing head to toe vintage and drinking tea from my re-usable bird cup from Norman and Dann. The festival is now over, but there's lots of information and highlights on there site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment