Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...Work Party

It was my work Christmas party this weekend so that means one thing- sparkle. I always like a bit of bling, but Christmas really is the one time everyone is rocking some glitter, so it's a great excuse to go nuts.

For my makeup I wanted quite a black eye featuring gold to tie in with my dress. Using a #217 blending brush, I started with light gold pigment over the entire lid and the inner corners of the eye. I then used bronze in the centre of the lid to create depth. The pigments I used were part of the MAC Vera collection which was limited edition, but visit your local MAC and take a look at their current colours. Or alternatively Urban Decay make beautiful metallics with a strong colour pay off.  I used MAC Carbon eyeshadow through the crease and along the lash line and Smoulder Kohl Pencil to line top and bottom, smudging with a #219 pencil brush.

I wanted my skin to look flawless and even, so after moisturising I applied Nars Copacabana Illuminator with #109 small contour brush on my cheek bones and temples. By applying it under your foundation it gives you a glow and adds dimension while still allowing the skin to look quite matte. My foundation is Studio Fix Fluid in NW18, which I apply with a #224. I love the coverage and matte finish of Fix and it stays in place all night. I once met the man who invented Studio Fix and I admit, I wanted to hug him and thank him. I kept my lip nude using MAC Myth lipstick and Right Image gloss.

Although I am a dedicated MAC #12 fan, I decided to try some new lashes for the night. 

They are Glam Eyes by Manicare, these particular ones are called 'Kylie' and have tiny diamante through the length of the lashes. They will undoubtedly need trimming down as I had to cut quite a bit off the inner side to fit my eye. This was pretty unusual as I never have to trim lashes, so this will be great if you have a longer eye and struggle to find lashes with enough length. I like a dramatic look, so I was pleased with the length and fullness they gave without being heavy at the base.

So now to get dressed...


My dress is from Sportsgirl, the necklace is Forever 21 and the ear cuff is from Diva, although I have seen a similar at Topshop. My handbag below is Mulberry and the sparkly number is my friend Chloe's gorgeous new Mimco clutch (purchased that day).

 

Phew! What do you do when you've spent all that time getting ready and used all that energy carrying gorgeous accessories? Have a Martini of course!


1 comment:

  1. This is magical!!! Love it so much!

    Gladly follow you via fb and twitter :)

    Many kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete