Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!




Food, glorious food! That was the theme of my Christmas this year and the 1.5kgs I've gained proved it. As of today I am on a post Christmas boot camp- no alcohol, no junk food, exercise every day! I will fit into my pants again soon. I'll let you know how it works out...

In the mean time, I have some great memories from my first Christmas in Australia in 3 years.
We started on Saturday at my Sister's house (owner of the Christmas tree cheese board and Limited Edition gold Christmas sauce!), taking a little detour on the way home to see my favourite decorated house in my neighbourhood.

Christmas lunch was eaten in the sun on the deck, followed by pudding and cream, and a little nap in front of the TV! For Christmas dinner, some friends came over for more cheese, wine and salad, and in tribute to England (my other home!) I made Eton Mess for pudding.  Kel and I then put on our thinking hats (and different personalities...) to assemble and decorate our Gingerbread house. And yes, I am responsible for the atrocity that is the decoration on the front of the house...

Finally an impromptu Boxing Day get together with friends, lots of wine and too much. we signed off for the night by demolishing the gingerbread house and having cups of tea in front of SNL. Don't the girls look cute in their Reindeer noses?

No pictures of me! Christmas is the only time I wear baggy clothes, flat shoes and no makeup!

1 comment: