Monday, June 10, 2013

Minimal- Blue + White



My style lies in the middle ground between over the top and minimal. I love clean lines, tailoring and a classic palette. It actually took me a very long time time to even embrace colour and print. Where things take a turn to OTT town is my love of accessories. I believe Coco Chanel once said something along the lines of 'Before you leave the house, remove one item.' I generally add one more.

I am always envious of those people who embrace minimal chic. They must breeze through airport security while I'm busy filling an entire tray full of rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces. I'm not even exaggerating when I tell you I had 15kg of jewellery in my carry on when I moved back from London. A guy almost killed his own toddler getting my bag out of the overhead locker for me.

I put together the above outfit with this fantasy minimal Ebony in mind. It can often be hard to find just the right cut or print of blazer, but the Kooples always have a  great selection of suiting that would easily take you from work to Friday night drinks. & Other Stories is also perfect for a minimal look, because let's face it, the Scandinavians have that nailed.

Top to Bottom: Blazer- The Kooples / Shirt- The Kooples / Heels- Zara / Pants- & Other Stories / Ring- & Other Stories / Bag- & Other Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment