Sunday, November 25, 2012

Parlez-vous français?








I am reading a book by Australian author Sarah Turnbull called Almost French: Love and a New Life in Paris (get a copy on Amazon). The book was recommended by a friend of a friend as I am about to start my masters in Journalism and I am really enjoying it! Sarah moved to France for a relationship and the book is about the challenges she faces adapting to a different culture and the highlights of her career as a journalist in Paris.

French style really is inimitable. I once dated a French man who hated the way French women dressed, he claimed it was too understated and too predictable. In my eyes these same women were effortless, born with a natural beauty and sophistication that is undeniably French. I think these Vogue covers of iconic French women really encapsulate everything that is wonderful about French style.

All images via vogue.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment