Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Karen Walker Eyewear

 
 
 
 
 
 
I fully intend to be eccentric when I'm older. If you've read my blog for a little while, you might know that my Nan was something of a kooky dresser, and as I get older I really appreciate her individuality.

Karen Walker, one of my favourite designers from New Zealand, has teamed up with Advanced Style for her new eyewear campaign. Linda, Lynn, Ilona and Joyce are the stylish stars of the campaign and are aged between 65 and 92. Karen's accessories are always really distinctive, the kind of styles that make you stand out from the crowd. This collection is no exception.

I really appreciate the styling of these shots. The looks are contemporary, but appropriate, which is totally the spirit of Advanced Style. They are not women trying to be younger, they are beautiful women celebrating their age and their style. I can totally see myself in 40 years time in the blue and silver ensemble.

Images via Harper's Bazaar

No comments:

Post a Comment